Kidderminster Hockey Club is over 100 years old and deserves to be one of the top teams in the Midlands. We have a great bunch of people in the club who have all contributed to make Kidderminster one of the most enjoyable clubs to be part of. This has ben achieved by people behaving in a particular way. The following standards are a guide to how Kidderminster Hockey Club expects its members to behave.
- Players need to support their captains in their decisions and also help them with any organisation duties they have.
- Kidderminster Hockey Club will hold a structured training night once a week and players need to be prepared to attend these in order to improve both themselves and the team.
- All players must ensure that they arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of each game. This helps to get the team together and focused on the match ahead.
- A Team warm up should be done before every game so that unnecessary injuries can be avoided. It is equally important to warm down afterwards for the same reason.
- The Kidderminster Hockey club approach is to be firm but fair to the opposition - we are determined to win but but will not break the rules to do so.
- The umpires word is final and all players must respect this. Any behaviour to the contrary will result in internal discipline.
- The captain will hold team talks before the match, at half time and after the game. All players must listen to what the captain has to say and can the add constructive comments.
- Annual Subs must be paid on time and match fees must be paid on a weekly basis before each game. Faliure to do so may effect either team line up or future selection.
- Fair play MUST be observed at all times, both on and off the pitch. Any player who discraces the club will be serverly reprimanded and his/her behaviour will NOT be tolerated. If a player is sent off for any reason this will incure a club fine to the value of half that persons match fee.
- After the match it is hoped that as many players as possible will gather in the clubhouse for a post match drink (Tea is acceptable) with the opposition and umpires, to promote Kidderminster Hockey Club.
By following the above guidelines we can all pull together and make Kidderminster Hockey Club a force to be reckoned with and a fun club to be part of